THERE WILL BE NO CALL FOR PROPOSALS FOR FY19 FUNDS
The WAES call for proposals is generally released during the summer with a proposal deadline in the beginning of September. Funding decisions are announced between December and January, annually. Projects begin October 1st the following year.
FY 2018 Call for Proposals
New/Important this year:
The 250-word Summary and the “Background and justification” section have been revised to align with sections in USDA’s electronic reporting site, REEport (Report, Extension, and Education). REEport replaced CRIS in 2013 and is used for approving and annual reporting for all NIFA and capacity grants.
Hatch Projects (individual investigator, multidisciplinary, and multistate)
McIntire-Stennis Projects (individual investigator, multidisciplinary, and multistate)
Funding Period: FY 2018 (October 1, 2017- September 30, 2018)
Submission Deadline: Friday, September 2, 2016, by 4:30 p.m.
Submit proposals to CALS WAES via WISPER. Requests for deadline extensions will not be granted.
- Proposals received after 4:30pm on September 2, 2016 will not be considered.
- Proposals must be submitted via the WISPER system.
- Proposals must include all approvals (Chair/Administrator/Co-PIs) in order to be considered.
- Attachments to the WISPER record must include budget worksheet, as well as a full proposal.
NOTE: The budget worksheet now includes a timeline component. This additional tab in the budget worksheet document must be completed in order for proposals to be considered.
- Document type selected must be “Hatch”
- Proposals must be routed to Casey Hillmer.
Review Schedule: October-November 2016
Funding Decisions Announced: December 2016 – January 2017
- FY18 Call for Proposals (full call document)
- Proposal Cover Page & Worksheets for Project Budgets (MS Excel spreadsheet)
See the Budget Worksheet Guide for additional information on completing this document.
If you are using a Mac – once changes have been made to the Excel spreadsheet, save it as an MS Excel Workbook (File > Save As > MS Excel Workbook)