THERE WILL BE NO FY18 CALL FOR REQUESTS
The Hatch capital exercise is an opportunity to fund requests for major items used to support these research programs, per the following guidelines:
- Requested items must directly benefit Hatch project research.
- Multiple-user equipment benefiting several investigators receives priority consideration.
- Requests for standard desktop/laptop computers receive low priority.
- Equipment costing less than $5,000 will be considered, even though these items fall into the “Supplies and Expenses” category, as defined by campus.
- Projects terminating on 09/30/2017 are eligible for this exercise, but requests for such projects will require strong justification.
- New Projects beginning on 10/01/2017 (awarded in late December 2015) are not eligible for this exercise.
- At least 50% matching from a non-142 project is required for all requested items.
This opportunity announcement is distributed in October or November of each year, and requests are due in January of the following year.