A budget worksheet must be completed for each year of funding requested. Additionally, a cumulative summary must be integrated into the cover page.
- Proposal Cover Page and Budget-Hatch (MS Excel)
- Proposal Cover Page and Budget-McIntire-Stennis (MS Excel)
NOTE: The budget worksheet now includes a timeline component. This additional tab in the budget worksheet document must be completed in order for proposals to be considered.
Instructions for using the Excel budget worksheet
- For budget numbers, enter Yr 1 first, this pre-populates the cover page.
- The standardized Excel form is designed to expedite preparation of yearly budgets.
- This Excel budget is required in your submission.
- Begin by entering data for Year 1.
- Category totals for each Year will carry forward to the cover page.
- Requests for less than four years should leave the unused years on the budget worksheet blank.
- The RA stipend and fringe rates are fixed for all years.
- Do not use more than a 4% yearly increase projection for all other types of personnel requested.
- Tuition remission is unallowable for the budgets. CALS will cover the cost.
- In the budget worksheets, there is a separate tab displaying a timetable. Use this to show the anticipated timeline for the major activities of the project.
If you have any questions regarding the Excel Budget Worksheet, please contact:
Casey Hillmer, email@example.com or (608) 262-2397.