FY 2021 Call for Proposals
Important this year:
On page 8 of the updated request for proposals under Future Goals, the PI should provide a clear statement describing the future leveraging of funds.
Hatch Projects (individual investigator, multidisciplinary, and multistate)
McIntire-Stennis Projects (individual investigator and multidisciplinary)
Funding Period: FY 2021 (October 1, 2020- September 30, 2021)
Submission Deadline: Friday, September 6, 2019, by 4:30 p.m.
Submit proposals to CALS WAES via WISPER. Requests for deadline extensions will not be granted.
Note, there is an additional Hatch call with CIAS. Letters of intent are due September 16th. See: https://www.cias.wisc.edu/special-hatch-call-for-multidisciplinary-research-proposals/
- Proposals received after 4:30pm on September 6, 2019 will not be considered.
- Proposals must be submitted via the WISPER system.
- Proposals must include all approvals (Chair/Administrator/Co-PIs) in order to be considered.
- Attachments to the WISPER record must include budget worksheet, as well as a full proposal.
NOTE: The budget worksheet now includes a timeline component. This additional tab in the budget worksheet document must be completed in order for proposals to be considered.
- Document type selected must be “Hatch”
- Proposals must be routed to Casey Hillmer.
Review Schedule: October-November 2019
Funding Decisions Announced: December 2019 – January 2020
- FY21 Call for Proposals (full call document)
- Proposal Cover Page & Worksheets for Project Budgets (MS Excel spreadsheet)
See the Budget Worksheet Guide for additional information on completing this document.
If you are using a Mac – once changes have been made to the Excel spreadsheet, save it as an MS Excel Workbook (File > Save As > MS Excel Workbook)
For Additional Information/Assistance:
Casey Hillmer at (608) 262-2397, firstname.lastname@example.org
Angie Seitler at (608) 261-1432, email@example.com